Wednesday, August 3, 2011

014

Name one thing in your life you hope you never have to see or encounter.

This one is really easy for me: watching someone die.  I have a very difficult time dealing with loss, and I think seeing someone die would make me lose that sense of mystery and the idea that someone is finally at peace.  It's difficult for me to explain.

When I was thirteen, my aunt died, and I remember my dad saying to me that "she's in a better place."  People always seem to say that when people die; and people, when they're grieving, always buy into it.  I think if I saw someone die, I would never be able to believe that.  How could they possibly be in a better place when their body is right there in front of you and their soul is gone?  I don't think I could recover from that feeling of loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment