Thursday, August 11, 2011

021

Since time is limited today (I have to eat before working til close), I'm going to share a letter I wrote to myself during my time at Allies Institute.  Note: Names (apart from mine) have been omitted.

Dear Emily,
I feel really vulnerable right now.  I just ended up crying over ******* during our activity today.  It didn't start about her, but in the end I could only see her staring into a pair of blue eyes.  Looking at *****, all I could wonder was if she knew what I was feeling.  I wish I could talk to people about it, but I really don't feel like I can.  It still hurts sometimes.  And I really wish it wouldn't.  I guess more than anything I wish I could really feel like someone understands and won't judge me.  Sometimes I feel like that's too much to ask for.  I really hope time does heal all wounds, because I have a lot of wounds to heal.
Love, Emily

A few months after sealing up the letter and giving it away, my letter was given back to me.  Rereading the letter, just a few short months later, I realized how much I had grown and how far I had come since that night at Allies.  Every wish that I had made while writing my letter had come true.  I had become the person I truly wanted to be. 

1 comment:

  1. congratulations. i always knew you were a strong individual. You just had to see it for yourself

    ReplyDelete