Saturday, August 6, 2011

017

Robert Frost wrote a poem titled The Road Not Taken.  Name a road you've always wanted to travel.  Where do you hope it takes you, and what might you see on the way?

Recently I actually took a road I've wanted to take for a while.  I drive the backroads home from work a lot of the time because they're the roads I've grown up on, so I can speed without worrying about cops and just enjoy the seclusion of my hometown.  However, there's a point in the road where it Ten Oaks Road splits to the left onto Tridelphia Mill Road--a road which I don't usually take because it takes a little longer for me to get home.  However, on this particular day, I was stuck behind a slow truck towing a trailer behind it, so I figured it was now or never, flipped on my turn signal and zoomed down the road.  I knew where it would take me; eventually I would reach a circle in the road which I could take straight or to the right to get home, but there was a sense of adventure as I zigzagged down the unconquered road, over hills, taking sharp swerves around grassy banks.

However, in reference to the original question, recently I have considered taking a drive to Woodbine, where what used to be my grandfather's farm is.  I don't know the way very well, but I know it is a route similar to the one my elementary school bus used to take, until I reach one intersection and go the opposite way.  My dad and I drove by the farm before, when I was first learning to drive, but I don't remember it well.  I love taking relaxing drives, especially taking backroads through the country.  I've lived in an area that I consider to be a crossbreed of suburbia and rural my entire life, so the area is just natural for me.  One of these days I will actually take the road and just drive until I get lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment