Thursday, August 4, 2011

015

Quote the nicest thing anyone has ever said about you.

Alright, so I tried to think of something that someone has said about me besides, "You're beautiful" or something cliche like that, and I couldn't really think of anything inspiring to write about.  However, last night I let my friend read a nonfiction piece I was proud to say I had written, and what she said has special meaning to me: "I think this is the summary of the book that's going to make you famous."

It may not seem like much.  Congrats, Emily, you wrote a summary.  But to me that means a great deal.  Nonfiction is hard to write; it's full of raw emotion--emotion only you can understand--and when someone connects with that emotion through your words, it's an incredible feeling.  Her comment really sparked my interest; I never would have thought that my nonfiction could take me anywhere outside of the classroom.  Now I am intrigued to see where it will take me.

S/N: I'm trying something different tomorrow (and possibly every Friday, depending on how it goes), so stay tuned (for the five or so people who actually read this).

No comments:

Post a Comment