Friday, July 15, 2011

003

Write about your greatest fear.

I'm afraid of a lot of things, but those who know me best (or read my notes on Facebook) know that being alone is my worst fear.  I'm not sure how my fear began; usually people have some sort of pivotal moment in their life involving their greatest fears that makes them such, but I don't think I do.  I have both parents; I've always had friends.  There was never really a time in my childhood in which I spent a great amount of time by myself.  Yet, for some reason, I am paralyzed by the thought of being by myself.

Now, when I say 'being alone,' I don't just mean physically being alone; I can stand in a room full of people and still feel very much alone.  I believe I have had this feeling many times in my life, and that is where this feeling stems from.  Also, the prospect of being alone throughout my life, never finding that individual to spend my life with, is terrifying.  As much as I enjoy my time in solitude, when I can write or read without being disturbed, I am a creature of companionship; I am most comfortable when I know someone is thinking of me or at least acknowledging my existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment