Sunday, July 17, 2011

005

Are you afraid of the dark?  Why or why not?

I am actually a little afraid of the dark, but it's situational.  When I was younger I pretended to be afraid of the dark so I could keep a nightlight on and read by it.  However, the only time in which I actually get anxious in the dark is when I'm in a place I'm not used to, and I think that's more than anything a matter of being somewhere new, especially when I'm trying to get to sleep.  I don't sleep well alone in places I'm not accustomed to.  So, there's that.  In reality, I think fear of the dark is just a fear of the unknown; the idea that you never know what is lurking in the dark.  So, my answer, I guess, is sometimes?  Put me out in the woods in the middle of the night--hell yeah, I'm scared; put me in my bedroom with the lights off--not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment